The Benefits of the proposalby admin on 04/10/2014 12:47 PM
The Benefits of HealthPlanUSA.Net
- Healthcare costs are reduced making it more affordable and available to all Americans, thus eliminating the uninsured concerns.
- Quality is increased by cutting down delays in patient care, thus decreasing unnecessary patient suffering and premature death.
- Spectrum of a customer market base is increased to insurance and credit providers by the direct digital interface with the patient and service providers.
- Efficiency is increased by cutting the time between providing medical services and payment to service providers: hospitals, surgical-centers, physicians, pharmacies, laboratories for x-ray, CTs, MRIs, and other diagnostic and treatment centers are all on the same site and transfer of data and funds occur instantly in real time. Secondary and tertiary billing, denial of service and further billing has been relegated to the dustbin of history. This duplicative and triplicate cost is difficult to ascertain because currently this cost is difficult to document or analyze, is not available, is not transparent, or is hidden. Actuaries that are working for large health insurance companies have informally estimated that this will be a 30-50 percent decrease in business office costs for hospitals, physicians and other providers.
- Choice is unlimited as patients make their own choice on the basis of cost, quality and efficiency. Unless they improve, inferior or incompetent providers will be eliminated more efficiently by the simple procedure of changing providers. This will be more effective than any HMO, insurance plan, PEER review, government program, Medical Board or other overseeing or policing agency can provide, thus saving multiple bureaucratic costs, which further decreases health care costs. Patients monitoring their own health care costs are the most effective, and sometimes even ruthless, cost deterrent. Inferior providers are simply eliminated due to lack of patients and are forced to look for other employment. Some insurance actuaries have informally admitted this could eliminate up to 90 percent of current quality assurance costs.
- The cost becomes extensive due to provider panels, provider credentialing, the army of nurses and reviewers looking over every hospital admission – reviewing charts daily, controlling every consultation or diagnostic procedure, controlling outpatient consultations and patient evaluations, reviewing and authorizing or denying every surgical procedure, reviewing every CPT and ICD 9 code, and reviewing patient charts for adequacy. Although accurate data is elusive, some actuaries have informally estimated a profound decrease in administrative and bureaucratic cost approaching 80 percent of current surveillance costs.
- The nation’s $1 trillion privately funded health care costs (of the $2.4 trillion total) will be significantly reduced. Although accurate data is inconclusive, conservative estimates by actuaries suggest the nation’s health care costs should be reduced by at least thirty to forty percent, making health care affordable to all Americans that fall between the Medicaid and Medicare programs. As Medicare goes bankrupt and eliminates 66 and 67 year olds, progressing higher as it follows social security benefit restrictions, which must increase to age 72 which today is the equivalent of age 65 when Social Security was implemented, HealthPlanUSA will easily be able to absorb these unfortunate Americans who have lost an unrealistic, unfunded coverage base.
- With patients involved and monitoring their own health care with direct access to all their lab work, x-rays, procedures and medical reports, liability will plummet. Malpractice insurance will drop at least 50 percent within one year of experience and for medical specialists, it will be on the order of their car liability or house, fire, earthquake and flood insurance. This will be a huge savings for physicians and other service providers.
Follow this column to learn the latest in HealthCare innovations.